Share this article:
Celebrating International Women’s Day with a lunch for some of our leading women supporters and friends!
International Women’s Day is a time to celebrate and empower women and their experiences. However, to truly do this we must reflect on and understand how complex societal issues impact women, if not exclusively then disproportionately.
This year, to celebrate International Women’s Day we hosted a lunch for some of our leading women supporters and friends. Women occupy many senior positions at Framework and are at the forefront of delivering a range of specialist, cutting edge services.
The lunch included presentations by female staff members covering several aspects of our work particularly relating to women:
- Sam Lanes, Service Manager for our rough sleeper services in Nottingham spoke about the particular challenges facing women who sleep rough.
- Claire Windebank, Operations Manager for our services for women and young people discussed issues facing young homeless women.
- Dr Anna Tickle, one of our Clinical Psychologists introduced cutting-edge training being used in our work.
- Rebecca Radage, Operations Manager for our drug and alcohol services spoke about some of the issues women using substances can face.
- Operations Manager for Lincolnshire, Sandra Blow, discussed the implementation of policies to provide better support for staff going through the menopause.
The lunch was hosted by Claire Eden, our Head of Fundraising and Communications:
“Women make up about 60% of Framework’s supporters. We have organised this lunch both to mark International Women’s Day and to celebrate all the women who support our work. We also wanted to focus on the work we are doing to support women in need and to shine a spotlight on the many brilliant women on our staff who are providing support.”
Women take up 13% of the homeless population and it is possible that their issues are overlooked and their voices are left unheard. It is also a shocking statistic that the average age of death for a female rough sleeper is just 42 years old. We are working hard to ensure that all women can live long and fulfilled lives.