Our commitment to disabled people
Being a Disability Confident Leader is not only about valuing, recruiting, and retaining staff, but also focuses on how much your organisation champions that agenda through customers, stakeholders and partners. We are committed to a number of actions to remove barriers for disabled people in the workplace, and we are working hard to deliver on those commitments, as well as encouraging others to be Disability Confident Leaders.
Currently almost 15% of Framework staff have declared a disability.
We’re a Disability Confident Leader, which means that we:
- Actively look to attract and recruit disabled people
- Identify and address any barriers that may prevent or deter disabled people from applying for jobs, including where we advertise, the words we use and how people can apply
- Make sure online or offline processes are fully accessible
- Ensure our employees have appropriate disability equality awareness
- Provide an environment that is inclusive and accessible for staff, clients and customers
- Support employees to manage their disabilities or health conditions
- Ensure there are no barriers to the development and progression of disabled staff.
Through Disability Confident, thousands of employers are helping to:
- Challenge attitudes towards disability
- Increase understanding of disability
- Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long-term health conditions
- Ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations.
What does it mean for you?
Our status as a Disability Confident Leader means that if you have a disability of any kind, you know you will be treated equally and fairly within our organisation – from applying for jobs through to working within our teams.
There are 3 levels to Disability Confident:
- Level 1: Disability Confident Committed
- Level 2: Disability Confident Employer
- Level 3: Disability Confident Leader
Framework has been awarded Level 3 status – Disability Confident Leader.
Find out more
For further information on the scheme, how it works and what it means for you, visit one of the websites below:
Like what you see? Find a role that’s right for you