New Path to Employment is part of the national Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach, following a successful trial, the Department for Work and Pensions is now funding an expansion of IPS into services across the Country and Nottingham is one of the areas.
The New Path to Employment team will be working alongside the recovery teams at the Wellbeing Hub. Helping individuals who are currently in treatment for drugs and alcohol recovery to find employment. The team will match employers to individuals, providing employability training and helping to overcome challenges when in work.
They will work with people:
- Who are 18 years and over
- Ready to start work
- Looking for a new challenge
- Currently in treatment for drug and alcohol recovery
- Who are lacking confidence
- who are wanting to start a new career path
- Needing support finding a employer who will support in their recovery
The team will offer:
- 1:1 support to find a career you will enjoy
- Introduction to employers
- CVs and interview skills
- Support network with your key worker to ensure your recovery is sustained
- Benefits advice to ensure you are financially stable
- Positive focus on your strengths
- Goal planning
- Job application training
- Time unlimited support with job search and in-work
Individuals are encouraged to speak to their Key Worker.
The Wellbeing Hub, 73 Hounds Gate, Nottingham NG1 6BB