New Path to Employment is part of the national Individual Placement and Support (IPS) approach. Following a successful trial, the Department for Work and Pensions funded an expansion of IPS into services across the country and Nottingham is one of the areas that received funding.
View the New Path to Employment brochure.
The New Path to Employment Team works alongside the recovery teams at the Wellbeing Hub. They help individuals who are currently in treatment for drugs and alcohol recovery to find employment, matching employers to individuals, providing employability training and helping to overcome challenges when in work.
They support people currently in treatment for drug and alcohol recovery who are:
- 18 years and over
- motivated to start work
- looking for a new challenge
- lacking confidence
- wanting to start a new career path
- seeking an employer who will support in their recovery.
The team offers:
- 1:1 career support
- an introduction to employers
- CVs and interview skills support
- an ongoing support network (with a key worker in place to ensure recovery is sustained)
- benefits advice (to ensure financial stability)
- positive support focusing on a person’s strengths
- goal planning
- job application training
- time unlimited support which can continue when a person is in employment.
Individuals should speak to their Key Worker/Support Worker if they feel ready to find employment. The team can be contacted using the email address below.
The Wellbeing Hub, 73 Hounds Gate, Nottingham NG1 6BB