Anvil House, funded by North Lincolnshire Council, is staffed 24/7 and provides short term accommodation and support to up to 22 people who are homeless and have complex needs such as drug addiction, offending, and mental health issues. Residents are housed in self-contained flats which provide a safe, secure and ordered environment to people who have often led very chaotic lives.
Staff work with residents to build:
- Independent living skills
- Community links and social inclusion
- Pathways to employment
- Social skills and self management
- Quality of life and aspirations
- Health and well-being
- Financial management and economic well-being
- Reductions in offending behaviour
- Responses to alcohol and substance misuse
In doing so, they enhance residents’ confidence and self-esteem, empower them to address their problems, and help them plan for an independent future.
Dorchester Road, Scunthorpe, DN17 1QH