Share this article:
Donations urgently needed
The Volunteer Response Team is working to support more than 1,000 homeless and vulnerable people who have been affected by the Covid-19 Pandemic throughout Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and Sheffield.
In order to continue this vital work, we urgently need donations from both businesses and members of the public.
What we do:
- With the help of our volunteer chefs and drivers, we cook and deliver around 1,600 meals per week to homeless people living in Framework hostels, as well as vulnerable people in the community who rely on our support.
- We have so far delivered over 200 urgently needed food and care packages to these people.
- We work with organisations such as Sewa Day, Open Kitchens, EverSo and FareShare to get meals and essential supplies to those who need it most.
- We coordinate the supply and delivery of essential items such as PPE and Hygiene packs to our services.
We have had a fantastic response from people offering to volunteer and have been overwhelmed by the response. We have filled all our current vacancies.
Thank you to everyone who offered to help; we are working hard to respond to everyone who has been in touch.
How can you help?
Are you a local business? We’d love to hear from you if you can help with donations of meat, fruit and vegetables, or if you can supply new take away food containers, carrier bags and other similar packaging. Please get in touch with the Training Centre in Nottingham – details below.
Are you a member of the public? We currently have hubs where you can donate essential supplies. These are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week between 10am and 3pm.
- Nottingham: The Training Centre, Unit 2, Lillington Road South, Bulwell, Nottingham NG6 8HJ. On the left beyond the Frank Key building yard.
- Lincoln: The Pathways Centre, Beaumont Fee, Lincoln LN1 1UH
- Scunthorpe: Anvil House, Scunthorpe DN17 1QH The entrance to Anvil House is on Dorchester Road, off Bristol Road, next to the West Common Lane Medical Centre
If you are self-isolating or shielding and would still like to help, you can order much needed items from our Amazon Wish List.
What we need
Non-perishable items: Beans, tomatoes, pasta sauces, spaghetti/hoops/ravioli, tinned fruit and veg, tuna, soups, pot noodles, pasta, rice, porridge and cereal, sweet biscuits, chocolate bars, cakes, tea bags, instant coffee, jams, peanut butter, chocolate spread, crackers and rice cakes, long-life milk – in cartons and individual sachets.
Baby products: Nappies, baby wipes, baby milk, food, teething crackers.
Toiletries: Bars of soap, shower gel, deodorant, 2in1 shampoo, toothpaste, shaving products and sanitary products.
We can accept food past its best before but not its use by date.
To contact Framework regarding food donations please ring 0115 970 9536. You can leave a message at any time however the answerphone will only be checked on Tuesday and Thursday, so a message left on Friday will not be checked until the following Tuesday.
Alternatively please email email@example.com.
We urgently need cash donations to fund our response to this crisis – to safeguard service users and staff, and to bring supplies to people in need. If you are in a position to do so please think about supporting us.