Framework’s commitment to your privacy
Framework is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this statement sets out how we will treat your personal information.
If you have any questions or queries about this Privacy Statement, please contact us using the details given in the section “Who to contact”. We will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as possible.
Your acceptance of this policy, and our right to change it
By using Framework websites, social media pages, or providing your information you consent to our collection and use of the information you provide in the way(s) set out in this policy. If you do not agree to this policy please do not use our sites, social media pages or services.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time. If we do so, we will post the changes on this page and they will apply from the time we post them. This policy was last changed on July 2017
What is personal data?
Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number or email address.
The policy in brief
It’s important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it, and what your rights are – but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is either personal data (as outlined above) or non-personal data (such as IP addresses, pages accessed etc)
- We collect information about the people we assist, supporters, service users, volunteers and employees.
- We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information, to fundraise for Framework’s changing work, for administration, research, profiling, analysis, and for the prevention/detection of crime.
- We only collect the information that we need or that would be useful to us in our quest to provide the best possible service.
- Framework will do our very best to keep personal information secure, including SSL technology (secure server software) wherever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company or charity for marketing purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected partners who do work for us. All our partners are required by their contract to treat your data as carefully as We would, to only use it as instructed, and to allow Us to check that they do this.
What information do we collect and why?
We will only ever collect the information we need – including data that will be useful to help improve Framework services. We collect two kinds of information:
- non-personal information such as IP addresses (the location of the computer on the internet), pages accessed and files downloaded. This helps us to determine site usage, how many people visit on a regular basis, and how popular our pages are. This information doesn’t tell Framework anything about who you are or where you live. It simply allows us to monitor and improve our service.
- personal information such as name, postal address, phone number, email address, date of birth (where appropriate), information about your interests and hobbies etc.
We collect this information in connection with specific activities, such as newsletter requests, registration, product purchases, feedback, donations, etc. The information is either needed to fulfil your request or to enable Framework to provide you with a more personalised service. You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse the sites. However, if you do choose to withhold requested information, Framework may not be able to provide you with certain services.
How do we use your information?
Framework will use the Personal Information about you, that we collect via the Framework Website, only for the following purposes:
Framework will use the information you provide to:
- fulfil your requests – such as donations, participation in campaigns and provision of information
- process sales transactions, donations, or other payments and verify financial transactions
- identify visitors and contributors
- handle orders, deliver products and communicate with you about orders
- record any contact we have with you
- prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and enable third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf
- to carry out research on the demographics, interests and behaviour of our supporters to help us gain a better understanding of them and to enable Framework to improve our service. This research may be carried out internally by Framework employees or we may ask another company to do this work for us.
- communicate with our supporters
- if you have agreed to it, provide you with information that we think may be of interest to you.
Using your information for marketing
Framework has an ‘opt-in only’ communication policy. This means that, as of May 2018, Framework will only send marketing information to people who have specifically said that they agree to us doing this, and we will only do so in the way(s) they have agreed to. If we contact you by email, every message Framework will send will include a link to opt out of receiving future messages if you change your mind.
We are registered with the Fundraising Peference Service and will receive any requests to cease marketing through a variety of channels.
So, as of May 2018, only those people who have opted in will receive these communications. If you want to receive this information but haven’t opted in, you can do so by emailing email@example.com or call our Fundraising team weekdays between 8am-5pm on 0115 970 9558
Correcting your details
If you would like us to correct or update any of the information that we hold about you, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Fundraising team weekdays between 8am-5pm on 0115 970 9558 or write to “InTouch, Framework Housing Association, Val Roberts House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 6NX.”
Changing your mind
If at any time you decide that you do not wish to be contacted by Framework or by other carefully selected third parties for these purposes, you may inform us at please e-mail us at email@example.com or call our Fundraising team weekdays between 8am-5pm on 0115 970 9558 or write to “InTouch, Framework Housing Association, Val Roberts House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 6NX.”
Sharing your information
We will only share your information if:
- We are legally required to do so, e.g. by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court
- Framework believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our people or visitors to our premises or websites
- We are working with a carefully-selected partner that is carrying out work on Framework’s behalf. These partners may include mailing houses, marketing agencies, IT specialists and research firms. The kind of work w may ask them to do sending postal mail, emails and text messages, carrying out research or analysis and processing card payments. Framework only choose partners we can trust. We will only pass personal data to them if they have signed a contract that requires them to: *abide by the requirements of the Data Protection Act treat your information as carefully as we would
* only use the information for the purposes it was supplied (and not for their own purposes or the purposes of any other organisation)
*allow us to carry out checks to ensure they are doing all these things.
What We don’t do with your information
We never sell or share your information to other organisations to use for their own purposes.
Security of your personal data
Framework uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any Personal Information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps and all other precautions required by law to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Links to other websites
Access to information
The Data Protection Act and its successor the General Data Protection Regulation gives you certain rights over your data and how We use it. These include:
- the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
- the right to be forgotten
- the right of access to a copy of the information Framework holds about you (known as a subject access request)
If you wish to exercise any of these right, please contact us at the address given in the ‘Who to Contact’ section below, stating your full name and providing us with sufficient information to verify your identity. Please also help us to respond quickly by indicating why you think we hold Personal Information about you and what information you think we may hold.
For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act go to the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk
If you are unstatisfied with Framework’s response then you have the right to take the matter further to the independent ombudsman. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Social media sites
Some of the events Framework run may include children and to deliver these services safely it is necessary for us to collect data and store it on our database. Before we collect data from anyone under 18 we will always ask them to:
- obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before registering with Us, and
- let an adult know before they use our sites to obtain information about fundraising, campaigning or supporting our work.
It is Framework’s policy not to request donations from children under 18.
Who to contact
If you have any questions about the privacy statement or our treatment of your personal data please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or by post to the Data Protection Officer, Framework Housing Association, Val Roberts House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham NG7 6NX.