The Complex Case Team at Ashfield District Council concentrates on highly complex individuals who present with multiple support needs and appear in crisis.
Share this article:
The Complex Case Team at Ashfield District Council concentrates on highly complex individuals who present with multiple support needs and appear in crisis. The team act as a single point of contact for the resident and assist them with a range of issues including; social care, housing needs and standards, debt and finances, anti-social behaviour and crime, mental and physical health, drug and alcohol misuse, domestic abuse, employment and environmental concerns. The team aims to reduce demand levels of multiple services/agencies on a regular basis from residents in our community with high levels of demand for services and therefore the greatest level of cost.
Please indicate below the learning opportunities which your student can experience. Below are some examples of the type of descriptions required. However, please change, delete and add as required for your service. Please be sure that the overall service description and learning opportunities does not take up more than 2 pages.
- Access to challenging behaviour teams and assertive outreach teams
- Multi-disciplinary working including attendance at CPA meetings and reviews
- Anti-oppressive practice with adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
- Advocacy skills
- Group work
- Personal centred care planning , monitoring and review
- Facilitation of daily living skills including income maximisation and budgeting
- Experience of providing support to people in their own homes to enhance their independence
- Experience of continuing assessment of need and risk
- Experience of advocating on behalf of service users with other service providers and organisations
- Practice within the principles of anti-discrimination, anti-oppressive practice and equal opportunities
- Opportunities to apply relevant theories
- Improving housing situations
- Enhance budgeting skills
- Supporting employment and educational opportunities
- Community outreach work
- Additional information
Please provide any additional information which is necessary to be aware of; i.e, car driver required, shift work, weekend work required, male/female only, limited access for wheelchair users, etc etc.