Share this article:
Rethink offers a range of supportive services to people who live with severe ill mental health, including housing, employment, carers, advocacy and community support within the UK.
Rethink Derby is commissioned jointly by, amongst others, Derby City Council and Derbyshire County Primary Care Trust and works with people regardless of their cultural and social backgrounds. Rethink Derby, is a community service with a central office base at Charnwood Street in Derby and provides seven day a week self-managed group support for users of its services.
People are referred to the Rethink services either by self referral, or referral through a range of agents, including; general practitioners, community psychiatric nurses and social workers. Rethink engages with people on their recovery journey to a better quality of life and aims to provide high quality, outcomes focussed and evidence based mental health services that offer value for money.
All Rethink services are tailored to individual needs, giving service users the choice and control to take responsibility for their own recovery.
• Anti-oppressive practice with adults with severe ill mental health
• Self advocacy support
• Group work
• Working as part of a team to provide a high quality service
• Assessment, risk assessment and management
• Service quality monitoring
• Working with people with challenging behaviour
• Supporting people with daily living skills, benefit maximisation and budgeting
• Understanding empowerment
• Liaison with parents/carers
• Supporting individuals to achieve improved mental health
• Facilitate opportunities to enhance self-esteem and confidence
• Holistic assessment
• Support planning in line with the recovery model
• Duty of care
• Motivational techniques
• Valuing diversity
• Equality of opportunity
• Understanding valuing people policy
• Dealing with new referrals
• Community outreach work
• Promoting social inclusion by encouraging service users to create and maintain links with the local community
• Understanding Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults, Supporting People and Care Standards
• Understanding Valuing People policy and supporting people requirements
• Maintain dignity
• Increase awareness of mental health needs
• Contribute to effective running of the team
*This is not a Framework service