Share this article:
Ending homelessness by tackling
Prevention – Support – Resettlement
Britain is entering the deepest recession since economic records began. The future is uncertain for hundreds of thousands of people and many more face the threat of losing their jobs and potentially their homes.
Rough sleeping – the most visible and devastating form of homelessness – is on the rise: this winter more people will endure the danger and indignity of sleeping rough on the streets, many of them for the first time.
What is the Homeless to Home appeal about?
Our Appeal is about Framework’s role in supporting people on their personal journey from ‘homeless to home’ – changing and saving lives. We urgently need support for our work preventing rough sleeping, supporting rough sleepers, and resettling them into long term secure accommodation.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic our income has decreased but expenditure is rising and the demand for our services has never been higher. We urgently need your support to enable us to continue responding effectively to the challenges presented by the pandemic and the resulting economic crisis.
How does Framework help?
Our community-based services support people in their own homes who could be at risk of homelessness and rough sleeping.
Supporting rough sleepers
Our Outreach Teams work with people on the streets to address the problems that led to their homelessness. Our workers are seeing increasing numbers of new rough sleepers.
Resettling people into accommodation
We support people to secure safe accommodation and gain the skills to live stable independent lives.
Donate now to help us end homelessness
by tackling rough sleeping
How you can help
- Donate to our Appeal now – your support enables us to respond effectively and help people who are in the greatest need
- Join our quest to find the nation’s favourite carols and raise funds for charity
- Sign up to our newsletter and get regular updates on our work
- Watch our webinar on how we’re helping people from homeless to home.
- Follow us on social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
Where your money goes
We use your money to help people on your behalf. Here are some examples of how we many spend typical donations:
- £25 to fund a personal development session that supports someone into sustainable employment
- £50 to provide a mental health support session with Framework’s clinical psychologist to help someone deal with trauma
- £100 to help fund the cost of Framework’s specialist services that enable a rough sleeper to tackle entrenched issues to sustaining accommodation
- £250 to provide a homeless person with the goods they need to move into their first home such as recycled white goods, kitchen equipment, eating utensils and cleaning products.