The Well for Work programme is part-funded by the European Social Fund.
The Well for Work programme helps people who are unemployed and facing health, language or financial barriers to improve their wellbeing and find work.
It provides personalised employment support to unemployed people who are facing barriers to work
People accessing support via Well for Work are given the support they need to start overcoming any barriers they are facing, helping them to feel more confident to find work.
The focus is on the individual and their health. The Well for Work team help people to make changes that will benefit them for life. Through Well for Work, people can gain qualifications, receive housing and financial support, access therapy services and find a job that works for them.
To receive support from the Well for Work programme, people must:
• Be aged 19 or older
• Be unemployed, inactive, or far away from the job market
• Be living in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, Derby or Derbyshire
• Be facing one or more barriers to employment, education or training.
Barriers to employment include:
• Having a disability or special educational need
• Having mental or physical health problems
• Lacking basic skills in Maths, English or IT
• Issues with drug or alcohol abuse
• Being a single parent
• Being over 50 years old
• Financial problems
• Speaking English as a second language
• Being from an ethnic minority.