Our Greater Lincolnshire MOVE programme supports people who are furthest away from employment. Helping them to identify, address and overcome barriers in finding paid work.
We aim to build on existing employment services to provide joined-up support.
Funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and The National Lottery Community Fund, as part of the national Building Better Opportunities programme. We are working with local third sector organisations to deliver the project.
MOVE is not part of the Department of Work and Pensions or Jobcentre Plus, so the project isn’t mandatory. Support is free and people using the programme maybe eligible for funding, towards care and travel costs.
Support is available in key areas including:
- Tailored one-to-one support
- Setting actions and goals
- Employment support, including CV writing
- Volunteering as a route to employment
- Digital skills training
- Learning and skills development
- Mentoring and progression support
- Financial support for childcare, respite care and travel expenses
MOVE advisors will be able to register eligible people through the ‘My Work Search’ online resource, deliver training and offer support. In addition they will provide information on other services, to help overcome barriers to employment.
If you are working with someone and think that they could benefit from the MOVE programme, we will need to know a few things to check their eligibility, including:
- Working hours (including zero hours contracts)
- Current support from any other Big Lottery Fund/ESF programmes
- Barriers they are facing to employment, or any specific issues they would like help with
- Where they live
- Their age
In addition, please make sure that they are happy for you to share their information and contact details.
After that we’ll be in touch to tell them more about the programme. However if they aren’t eligible, we will give them information about other support services.