Framework's Street Outreach Team serves two main roles: to engage with and help rough sleepers and to quantify the extent of street homelessness in partnership with other agencies such as local authorities.
Working in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire team members are at the front line of the fight against rough sleeping and street homelessness.
They work in the early hours of the morning in order for them to identify those in the greatest need of support.
Street Outreach helps rough sleepers or those faced with the prospect of sleeping rough to:
- Find safe and secure accommodation
- Find appropriate treatment for underlying drug, alcohol and mental health problems
- Secure access to medical help
- Re-engage with estranged family members
- Return to their home region of home country
- Claim whatever benefits they may be entitled to
A Street Outreach Team is designed to offer a life-line to those in the most desperate need.
It is the very first of a long list of services along a tried and tested homelessness pathway, which begins with the provision of secure accommodation and ends with independent living.
The team actively looks for rough sleepers in known hotspots, but they cannot possibly find everyone in need of help.
Get in touch
To help a rough sleeper (or even to help yourself) call our 24 hour hotline on:
0800 066 53 56