Gateway to Nature
Gateway to Nature is a project open to people living in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, over the age of 18, who are disadvantaged by barriers such as a lack of information, social isolation, loss of confidence or health or transport problems.
- We provide opportunities to access green and natural spaces and aim to help people overcome the barriers they may face in getting into and enjoying nature.
- Activities we provide include walking, conservation, wildlife spotting, growing food, arts and crafts in nature, and drumming outdoors, to name a few.
- Getting out into nature is proven to be of benefit in reducing depression and anxiety and helping people to progress in their recovery.
Our film shows how Gateway to Nature has helped people to feel better and improve their mental health:
Gateway to Nature publishes a new activities programme every two months, we run a weekly session on each of our two allotments and the Gateway to Nature Drum Club convenes on the last Friday of the Month.
- Click here to see our programme of activities for people living in and around the City of Nottingham
- Follow this link for events & activities aim at people living in North Nottinghamshire
- Click here to learn more about the G2N Drum Club
If you think Gateway to Nature could support you and you would like to take part in the events and trips, or you would like to find out more details about how to get involved or volunteer with Gateway to Nature, please call the team on 0115 970 9591 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Project
Gateway to Nature is based in Framework and funded by a grant from Access to Nature. We work closely with other community groups, organisations and custodians of green spaces. This allows us to offer a wide range of nature related opportunities in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire to people who would otherwise struggle to access them. We run successfully thanks to the hard work and commitment of our wonderful volunteers.
The writer Robert Macfarlane is the patron of this project.