Opportunity and Change
- Nottingham , Wellbeing Hub, , 73 Hounds Gate , Nottingham , NG1 6BB
Opportunity and Change is a support programme for people with multiple and complex needs throughout Derby, Derbyshire, Nottingham and Nottinghamshire. The programme is being delivered by a partnership of local organisations working together, led by Framework, with a range of experience of working with people with multiple and complex needs.
We aim to support people achieve stability and provide access to mainstream services. We work with individuals to create a tailored package of support that will assist with a range of needs including accommodation, mental healthcare and education.
We are part of the national Building Better Opportunities programme funded by the European Social Fund and The National Lottery Community Fund.
What we do
We support people who are:
- Homeless or are vulnerably housed
- Misusing substances or alcohol
- Have mental health issues
- Experiencing domestic abuse
- Current or ex-offenders
We work with people to help them resolve their complex needs and become socially and economically included through access to education, training and employment.
Each person will be allocated a locally based ‘Navigator’ who will support them to achieve their goals in partnership with local support agencies.
Each participant MUST be able to prove that they have the Right to Work in the UK and that they are unemployed or economically inactive.
- Full Birth Certificate
- Current Biometric Immigration document (Biometric Residence Permit)
- National Identity Card (EEA)
All participant support costs are met by the programme including:
- Interpretation and translation
- One off items to help you meet your support plan goals.
Additional support includes:
- Specialist counselling services
- Peer support
- Bite size learning and training opportunities focusing on personal development, wellbeing, employment and maintaining your home.
To take a look at the Opportunity and Change list of providers in your area, click here.
Photos courtesy of The Loudspeaker Programme.