- Nottingham, Val Roberts House, 25 Gregory Boulevard, Nottingham , NG7 6NX
This service provides temporary supported accommodation for young people from the ages of 16 to 21, primarily from South Notts, which supports young people's transitions to adulthood and independence.
Transitions South aims to improve the life chances, life changes and life choices of young people in Nottinghamshire by providing a range of support services most appropriate to their needs and circumstances.
The service provides 52 units of supported accommodation, 12 of which are core units and two are emergency units in Lady Bay West Bridgford, which are staffed 24hours a day. The other 38 units are dispersed across Broxtowe, Gedling and Rushcliffe.
What does Transitions do?
We aim to:
- Prevent homelessness
- Maximise independence
- Enable young people to achieve their potential
- Empower and support young people on their journey to independent living
- Put young people at the centre, fully involving them in their support and the development of the service
- Deliver effective and excellent quality services to meet the young peoples' needs using a multi-discliplinary approach.
Contact and referral
Referrals to the service:
- Social Workers need to create a A1 episode on the social care Framework IT system
- Other agencies need to email a A1 Word document to email@example.com and can contact the Supported Accommodation team on 0115 8041470.
- Parents or Young People can self refer by contacting the Early Help service on 01623 433500 (please note this will not automatically result in a referral to our service as the Early Help team will seek to support the family to enable the young person to remain in the family home initially).
If you want to speak to anyone at Transitions South, please contact: 0115 850 4040