People urged to Do it for Framework on Friday June 28
Framework is urging members of the public to pool their goodwill and support on a single day of fundraising fun.
Framework, which helps more than 9,000 homeless and vulnerable people to rebuild their lives every year, will hold its second annual “Do it for Framework Day” on Friday, June 28th, when community groups, schools, businesses and individuals will be encouraged to do a special something for Framework on a single day of community-based action.
From sponsored football matches and cake bakes to sleep-ins and even a dare-devil fire-walk, hundreds of people are expected to take part in dozens of fun-filled activities in aid of a very serious cause.
The charity is believes that increasing numbers of people will find themselves at risk of homelessness in the coming year as the impact of the economic downturn, welfare reform and demands on the housing market fall most heavily on the most vulnerable people in society. It is calling for as many people as possible to get involve on the 28th in doing something to raise money to help.
Framework Fundraising Manager Louise Darby said: “We are very fortunate to receive such terrific support from the public throughout the year. Whether it’s by braving the cold and taking part in our sponsored sleep-out events, running a marathon or climbing a mountain, we are constantly surprised and delighted by the extraordinary lengths people will go to support homeless and vulnerable people in their communities.
“Do it for Framework Day is one of the few times in the year when we encourage people to do something fun and even silly in aid of a serious cause. So, if you’ve ever thought about doing something to help vulnerable people in your community now is the perfect chance to do so. By way of inspiration we have suggested a range of fun an easy events, but if people fancy doing something different then we’d love to hear from them. It really doesn’t matter what you do…just do it for Framework.”
Framework’s has suggested a list of six top do-its. These are.
- Hold a Cake Sale – Bake cakes at home on your own or with friends and sell them in the office, at school or elsewhere.
- Host a charity football match – Feeling the end of season blues? Then organising a charity football match is perfect for you.
- Wear the “Pullover of Pain” - Could you wear the worst jersey imaginable for one day to raise money for Framework?
- Hold a sleep-in: A Framework favourite - get your mates to bed down for a night in your garden, your garage or in a tent, reflecting on what it might be like to be without a home.
- Do a sponsored walk: Put your best foot forward and complete a challenging route for Framework.
- Do a sponsored swim: Make a splash and challenge yourself for Framework
Any and all other ideas are welcomed and encouraged. Contact email@example.com.
For full details see here.